Skip to main content

Must-Do Summer Activities for 2018

Yeah, I know I've done this post every year since I started my blog, but it's that season again, and I simply can't resist the urge.
And hey! These are all things I'm actually doing this year, so bonus!

Water balloons

You can get them at just about any store! They can be a pain to fill up, but no pain no gain!  Always a great way to cool off and have a great time.

Pool parties

Even if you don't have a pool, there is no excuse to avoid pool parties and public pools.

Camping

Camping is, in my own stubborn opinion, a right of passage.  We all have a right to be dirty once in awhile.  If you haven't been, this is your summer.  Do it!

Mall Madness

I'll admit I'm not a natural shopper, but if you've never even set foot in a mall, at least go and check out the food court.

We all scream for...

ICECREAM!!!

Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven

Yesterday, being 7/11, my family and I went to the nearest 7-Eleven to take advantage of their free slurpees.  If you missed it this year, don't forget to do it next year!  And also, I would highly recommend getting a flavor other than Captain Crunch...

Birthday Celebrations

Summer babies are around every corner! Don't hesitate to share in the joy, even if you're not one yourself.  Bring cupcakes and balloons to work/summer school.

Backyard Campfires

As we previously discussed, camping is an important life experience.  But the fun isn't limited to the wilderness.  If you have a fire pit or outdoor fireplace, the hot dog cooking, marshmallow roasting, ghost stories, and campfire songs can all happen in the comfort of your own backyard.

Get together with Friends and Family

Now's the time.  Seize the day and relax with your loved ones, eating your favorite comfort food and enjoying each other's company.

Popsicles

Eat 'em before they melt!

4th of July BBQ

It's a day to celebrate!  Shelve all political disagreements with your neighbors, and focus on the important question: hot dogs or hamburgers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Father's Day Handbook

Not sure what to do for Father's Day?  Here are some simple suggestions. Dinner Pretty much anything barbecued... Hot dogs burgers tri-tip steak ...and don't forget your dad's favorite side dish! Gifts A tie A gift card to his favorite restaurant A mug with the signatures of all his kids Something goofy with an inside joke behind it. Does he like Star Wars?  Get him a light saber! Or a Darth Vader helmet! A framed family photo A scrap-book-style compilation of all his corny jokes DIY Cards Hand made cards are always cherished.  Here are a few of my favorite diy card ideas from Pinterest:       

21 Ways to Improve your Coolness

Joke of the Week: Q: What do you call a cow without legs? A: Ground Beef! Quote of the Week: "A clean room is a sign of a broken computer."      ~Tumbler Prank of the Week: Completely cover someone's porch with cupcakes. If you want to be more cool, consider the following tips: Use terms such as ¨bestie, ¨BFF¨, ¨BFFL¨, ¨fetch¨, and ¨perf¨. Wear only what is 100% trendy. Form cliques to show the world that your too cool for most of the people in it. Never throw away your trash. It's not cool. Make sure you have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Otherwise your popularity is a lost cause. Take every opportunity you get to use profanity. Cry whenever you see a puppy Put up your Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. Never ever say, "Merry Christmas".  A simple "Happy Holidays" will demonstrate your maturity through political correctness, and this will remind everyone that you are better than them not only in your awesomeness....

Date Ideas for the Socially Distant

I have now been quarantined for well over a month, and I can finally say that I am settling into a routine.  For the first time in human history, everyone is workin from home, all students are homeschooled, and all relationships are long-distance.  But depending on your state's guidelines, you may be able to see each other in person, so long as you keep your standard 6 feet.  Is that still long distance, though? Seeing each other through a screen is better than nothing, but at a certain point, we miss face-to-face communication.  It just isn't the same when you can't hang out with your friend, neighbor, or significant other in the same room.  I have been using my thinking cap, and watching various couples and friends on social media, and I have compiled a few date ideas that are both social-distancing-friendly, and do not involve the use of electronics. Water balloons .  Start 6 feet apart, and see how much further you can go.  This works well on ...