Skip to main content

A Letter to the Lost

To all the children who have been lost to abortion:

On behalf of society, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that we shoved your mothers into the clinic instead of counseling them through their crises.
I'm sorry that we didn't love them enough to take care of them.
I'm sorry that we didn't love you enough to protect you.
I'm sorry that we have voted to have their bodies and yours violated.
I'm sorry that we broke your mother's heart by stopping yours.
I'm sorry that we did not give you a voice when you were voiceless.
I'm sorry that we've inflicted the ultimate pain on you both.
I'm sorry for leaving your mother alone to face her pain afterwards.
I'm sorry for failing to address the before-math and aftermath of abortion.
I'm sorry we weren't there for either of you.
I'm sorry for not stopping to hear the beating of your tiny heart.
I'm sorry for not showing your mom your little footprints.
I'm sorry for not giving your feet a chance to walk on this earth.
I'm sorry for not caring about your hair color, eye color, or gender.
I'm sorry for not giving you a birthday.

I'm sorry for calling you a "blob of tissue".
I'm sorry for calling you a "choice".
I'm sorry for labeling you as a burden and inconvenience.
I'm sorry for calling you a mistake.
I'm sorry for calling you a punishment.
I'm sorry for calling you a problem.
I'm sorry for calling this a "solution".
I'm sorry for not acknowledging your ten fingers and ten toes.
I'm sorry for not seeing your individual identity.
I'm sorry for not giving you basic human rights.
I'm sorry for leaving you unprotected, without batting an eye or shedding a tear for you.

I'm sorry we told your mother that this was her only option.
I'm sorry that we pressured her, and then called it her choice.
I'm sorry we did not show her the support and resources to choose life.
I'm sorry we didn't empower her.
I'm sorry we turned a blind eye when we found out she was being exploited.
I'm sorry that she is left to grieve in silence.

Know that you are never forgotten.  You will always be remembered, by us and by your mother.  She still loves you, and thinks of you every day!  She cried on your due date.  She remembers you whenever she sees a pregnant woman.  She thinks of you every year on Mother's Day.  She still grieves for the little heart that once beat below hers.

I promise to hold you and your mother in my heart.
I promise to be with her from now on.
I promise to honor your memory.
I promise to console her and care for her.
I promise to cry with her.
I promise to help her find healing and forgiveness.
I promise to represent both of you going forward.
I promise to take care of women going through the same crisis.
I promise to do what I can to spare them and their children from this pain.
I promise to support and empower them, helping them achieve their dreams.
I promise to promote peace, beginning in the womb!

To learn more about post-abortive healing, go to https://rachelsvineyard.org
For help in a crisis pregnancy, call 1-800-550-4900, or visit https://standupgirl.com/girl-help/id-like-help/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Father's Day Handbook

Not sure what to do for Father's Day?  Here are some simple suggestions. Dinner Pretty much anything barbecued... Hot dogs burgers tri-tip steak ...and don't forget your dad's favorite side dish! Gifts A tie A gift card to his favorite restaurant A mug with the signatures of all his kids Something goofy with an inside joke behind it. Does he like Star Wars?  Get him a light saber! Or a Darth Vader helmet! A framed family photo A scrap-book-style compilation of all his corny jokes DIY Cards Hand made cards are always cherished.  Here are a few of my favorite diy card ideas from Pinterest:       

9 Ways to Cope with Boredom without Using a Screen

As we begin 2018, we all have hopes for a successful, productive year.  New projects, promotions, enhanced resumes, and tight agendas are all in our dreams.  Are we planning to waste time on Netflix, social media, and playing video games?  Nope!  But will we?  Probably. Killing time with a screen is very common in 21st century American society.  It is a trap that we all fall into at times, and it is painfully difficult to get out of.  When we find ourselves with nothing to do, there is a whole in us, and we rush to fill it before we feel its full effect(boredom).  We use our phones, TV's, and computers as fillers to keep boredom at bay, and entertainment comes to us, rather than allowing us to come find it.  As I'm sure we all know, this is not a healthy, or even satisfying coping method.  So how can we avoid it? First off, we need something that involves us more.  Human beings are not made to sit and do nothing.  We are meant to do work.  Obviously, there are times when we

What a Girl Wants

This is a post for the gents.  It's been awhile since I've done one of these, so I thought it was about time to revive them. A lot of guys these days are left wondering what a girl really wants in a guy, and what qualities are universally attractive to women.  Well, here it is gents! We want honor and respect. We are done with cat calls and whistles.  Nobody wants deep down to be treated that way.  Although you will see some girls dressed or acting in a way that does not demand much respect, if a guy respects a girl anyway, without making a big show of it, it strikes a chord.  It reminds her that she has more to offer than what society tells her to flaunt.  It challenges her to a higher standard. We want protection. We want security in the knowledge that we are protected.  Even if a woman is single and not looking for a relationship, it is appreciated if a man will walk her to her car, or intervene if she is in danger.  Especially those of us who have been in abusive r